Golden Rules of How to Get a Girlfriend on Facebook Chat
Have you found yourself falling for a girl you’ve been chatting with on Facebook? If you’ve been having some great conversations with a cute girl you like, then you may want to take it to the next level and ask her to be your girlfriend. All you have to do to make it happen is to be a great online conversationalist and show her how much she means to you.
Tech District gives you tips on how to pick up women on Facebook without coming across as creepy. Think of the goldmine of cute girls likely hiding right under your nose.
Part 1 – Getting a Conversation Started Online
1 – Make sure she’s single. If you want to get a girlfriend through Facebook chat, then the first thing you can do is to make sure she’d be open to your advances. Of course, it may sound pretty obvious to say that you should click on her profile to see if she’s single, but it may not be as simple as that. You may have to do a bit more digging than that. For example, she may be dating someone who isn’t on Facebook and may not list her relationship status, she may be “married” to one of her female friends as a joke while dating someone, or she may be very clearly into someone else. How do you find that out? Here are a few tips:
– Scroll through her pictures. See a lot of photos of her with some other guy? Do people comment about how “cute” the photos are? If so, then she may be off the market.
– Check out her wall. Is there a guy whose wall she posts on a lot, or a guy she seems to be in conversation with a lot? If so, then this may be the guy she’s dating.
– See if she posts a lot of mysterious messages that allude to the fact that she’s dating someone. She may post love songs, have winking emoticons, or make comments about liking someone that seem a little bit confusing. This may be a sign that she likes someone or is dating someone but she doesn’t want to be open about it.
– Then again, if it seems like she’s not dating someone but that she may just have a crush on someone, then nothing’s stopping you from trying to swoop her up!
2 – Make sure you have an interesting profile. Whether you know the girl or not, it’s important to have a profile that is interesting and up-to-date. If she gets in the habit of chatting with you a lot, or commenting on your Facebook posts, then chances are that she’ll be taking a peek at your profile. If that’s the case, then you should make sure you have fun, flattering photos, an interesting profile, and some comments that make her laugh. Here are some ways to make sure your profile makes you appealing to the girl you’re chatting with:
– Have a profile photo that isn’t too cocky and actually shows what you look like. Girls want guys who are real, not posers.
– Post some interesting links or clips on your timeline, but don’t post so often that it looks like you have no life.
– Look through the other photos of yourself and make sure there’s nothing that makes you look too immature or like a player.
3 – Don’t chat her the second she signs online. If you want to play it cool and get the girl to like you without coming on too strong, then give her at least 10-15 to be online before you ask her, “What’s up?” This will show that you haven’t been sitting around Facebook waiting for her to sign online, but that you just happened to be on and want to see how she’s doing. Of course, you may miss out if she signs off after two minutes, but you’ll look more chill if you do talk to her after she’s been online for a little while.
– If she’s online on her mobile phone (you’ll see the logo on the chat bar), then this may not be the best time to chat her. She may be busy and may not even realize that she’s signed into chat just because she has Facebook open on her phone.
4 – Have a casual opener. When you do message her, you can start with something casual and light so you don’t make it seem like you’ve been stalking her profile. You can just say, “What’s up?” “How was your day?” or ask her about something simple like how her soccer game went or what she thought of the math test from the class you have together. You don’t have to make the most fascinating comment at first and should focus on getting the conversation going instead; in fact, if you try to be fascinating too soon, it’ll show.
– If you’ve never talked to her in person before, make sure she really knows who you are. A lot of people have Facebook friends and forget how they know the person in real life.
– Just say something like, “How’s it going?” or a question that requires more of a direct answer, like, “How was your soccer game?” to get the conversation going.
5 – Bring up interesting topics. After you get the ball rolling, you can start talking about topics that will interest the girl and will keep her talking. It all really depends on what you’re interested in and what you think she’ll care about. You can talk about some gossip in your school (without being too mean), the class you have together, something crazy in the local news, or what you’re doing this summer.
– If she’s interested, then she’ll respond a lot, make funny comments, and will ask questions. If there’s a radio silence on her end, you may need to change the subject.
6 – Begin to build a common bond. If you don’t know her well, you can try cruising her Facebook profile for some hints of what she’s into, from which bands she likes to whether or what her other hobbies are, whether she likes to run or hike. You don’t have to say that you’ve looked at her profile, but bring them up naturally in conversation. You can also connect over growing up in the same place, playing the same sport, having similar political views, or a number of other topics.
– Don’t stress too much if you think you have nothing in common. You can build a solid relationship just from sharing one or two of the same interests. You don’t have to have the exact same taste in music, books, and sports to start dating.